Friday, November 25, 2016

Christmas Red



Hello, and welcome to my studio...

It is Friday, which means it's time for our Design Team Challenge Hop!

The beautiful Naomi Gong has challenged us to make our cards,

Red as Poppies

Here is the stamp set I used for my card.
Must Be Santa


Using beautiful card stock and designer paper from the Flourishes store, I layered some red patterns and brown card stock, then cut a frame using one of Flourishes' Exclusive Die sets. 
 I also cut out some cute images from one of the designer papers...too cute!


Next, I stamped Santa using Imagine Craft's Delicata Pigment ink in Dark Brown Shimmer. As this is a pigment ink, I was able to heat emboss it with some Imagine Crafts Clear Embossing Powder.

Santa is colored using Imagine Craft's Brilliance Pearlescent Dew Drop ink pads in Beige, Rust, Poppy and Crimson. I stamped some of the ink onto an acrylic block and used my waterbrush to apply the ink as a kind of "paint". Isn't he handsome?


 Then I had some fun with the sentiment. As you can see in the stamp set, the complete phrase on the stamp is, "Guess who's coming for cookies?" Since I only wanted to say, "Guess who's coming?" I masked the part of the stamp I didn't want with a Post-it note, inked the stamp, removed the mask, and stamped, "Guess who's coming". Then, I masked everything but the question mark and did the exact same masking, then added the ? to the end of the sentiment.


I promise you, it was easy...just remember to remove the mask before you stamp!

It's difficult to see, but I sprayed the entire card with
"sparkle" Shimmer Spritz by Imagine Crafts.


Finally, I added some baker's twine from my stash.

Be sure to stop at all the Designers' blogs and the Flourishes store.

Beverly Cole (me)

Enjoy the Journey,

1 comment:

  1. Your card is fabulous. I love this sweet Santa and the designer papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete