Thursday, September 22, 2016

Flourishes September Release Day 4


Hello! Welcome to my studio...

Today I am going to share a card I made with my new set called,
Coastal Christmas, created exclusively for Flourishes



Since I live where we can go swimming on Christmas, this set is perfect for me. 
If you have a cottage, or live in a warmer climate,
you may be one of the other folks who live without a White Christmas.

I chose the wreath for this card. I used colored pencil and
Zig Real Brush markers to color the image.
I love to use indigo blue and crimson pencil to shade.

To add a bit of whimsy, I decided to make the rope red and white
like a candy cane. However, this image could be used year 'round,
when done in blues or neutral tones...even embossed in gold...oooh!

I did use a bit of Glossy Accents on the starfish.

The papers are from the Authentique line for sale at Flourishes. This 6x6
bundle is entitled, Joyous.

Joyous

The dies are some of the Exclusive Dies from Flourishes.

I inlaid the die cut with the wreath, then popped the sentiment die cut
over the top of the inlaid die cut to give some dimension.


Perfectly Pierced Classic Hourglass Die Set
Classic Hourglass
Tailor-Made Classic Keyhole Die Set
Classic Keyhole
   I added some red gems and ribbon from my stash.
I am entering this card for these challenges:

Sweet Stampin' Christmas  10/12
A Snowflakes Promise #29 10/4
Holly Jolly Christmas #81 10/3
Craft-Dee Bowz September  10/1

I really enjoyed creating this set. Please enjoy using it!

Now, stop by the other Senior Design Team member's blogs
to continue this adventure!
Linda Lucas
Naomi Gong
Rebecca Ednie
                       Beverly Cole (you are here)
Tricia Traxler

Be sure to leave a comment on the FLOURISHES BLOG,
and you could win this set!

Enjoy the Journey,










12 comments:

  1. Bev, I absolutely love your stamp set. I'm always looking for stamps for Aussie Christmas cards and all that is usually on offer is koalas and kangaroos in Santa hats. This set is so perfect. Stunning card, your colouring is amazing and the glossy accents really give it that bit of wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this wreath. I'm sure you'll see me colour it more than a few times! Love the die cuts you used too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!! What a wonderful way to use the dies, and I really like the patterned paper layout. Such a fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this would be perfect for my beachy Christmas cards. Love sending them to my friends and family who live near the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and a lovely stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring and color combo! Great details too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool card and just love the stamp set. Perfect those who live in areas that are by the ocean. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev, this is such a stunning card! I love your colouring, the layout, and the fabulous patterned papers that you paired up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I like the red and white rope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stamps and a fabulous design.
    Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creation. Thanks for playing along with us for our Technique Challenge at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
    Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete