Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Flourishes Release Week Hop Day 3

Hello! Welcome to my studio.

This set was fun to draw.
I live where it is warm at Christmastime. Being from New England, I am amazed to see
Poinsettia bushes.  I also have a friend who "raises" Christmas cacti. Things grow like crazy here!

This set is called, Winter Blooms. We have all sorts of blooms here, but up north
the ones in this set are seen inside...in churches, malls, everywhere!

  Winter Blooms by Beverly Cole

I decided to use the Christmas Cactus on my card for today.
I used Zig Clean Brush markers to color, and colored pencils to shade.
Then I added some glitter.

Did you notice that I didn't actually fussy cut the entire image? I just traced an oval die over the image and cut around, leaving much of the fussy edge inside the oval. I inked the edge and daubed some Distress ink in the background.

Joyous

The lovely paper is from an Authentique 6x6 bundle entitled, "Joyous".

Color Made Easy Leten Rose Paper
Color Made Easy
The cardstock is by Flourishes. The pack contains 3 shades of pink, which is how the, Color Made Easy card stock is packaged. I love that! I need variety in my life.

Notice the die cut layer behind the oval. I created it with one of Flourishes Exclusive Dies.
I use this die a lot, because it adds a nice accent behind other layers...
and that's just one way of using it!

classic dies

The ribbon is from my stash. I love to melt ribbon with my heat tool,
as it makes it look old and worn.


I am the last stop on the hop. I hope you have visited everyone.
If you have not had a chance, here is the list so you can catch up:

                       Beverly Cole (you are here)


If you love this set, you could win it! Leave a comment on the Flourishes Blog today.
Then, make sure you have left a comment on every day's post of the release week,
Monday thru this coming Saturday.
Finally on Sunday, Jan Marie will draw a name, and that lucky person will win the entire release!

Now it's time to shop at the Flourishes store...

Enjoy the journey,


8 comments:

  1. Bev I love your stunning images. I think this is my favourite set so far (but is definitely is a close call - that bunny was so cute). I love the zygo cactus - they grow here so well in our humid climate and they will survive even if neglected. Your card is stunning your colouring is so amazing. I think this is the best leaf shading I have every seen. You are truly an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and I like the addition of glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your new designs Bev! Great card & neat idea to leave most of the fussy cutting on the oval.
    Marsha E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas cactus card! I love the coloring and added sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card, Bev! I love that black and white patterned paper and your colouring is beautiful. Such an AWESOME stamp set you have designed, as well! I look forward to using this one to make more Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love Christmas cacti. This is a beautiful set of flowers for the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete